21 July 2017
Activators are young people who have a strong sense of self, who are well equipped to respond progressively to the challenges that plague South Africa and critically engage in big discussions that merit actionable results. ACTIVATE! Change Drivers is a network of over 2000 young leaders spread across South Africa.
The National Youth Policy characterizes youth as assets whose power must be harnessed for the betterment of society. Given that youth constitutes over 50% of the population in South Africa, it is critical for this demographic to be empowered and equipped to contribute positively into the public realm. The network views multi-sectoral collaboration as integral to the solution of the interminable challenges facing South Africa.
It is in this respect that ACTIVATE! Change Drivers deems it important to highlight the invaluable contribution of Gxakwe Projects for their donation of office furniture to ACTIVATE! and Activators in order to assist in carrying out its imperative to make a meaningful difference within the communities in which they live. The aforementioned equipment has not only improved our working space outlook but has contributed to the making of a habitable space where Activators now gather comfortably to discuss issues of national concern, impart knowledge- thereby growing from it all.
The beneficiaries of the furniture as follows:
- The ACTIVATE! office in Braamfontein. (Where we also used the couch for a video recording and at the Gauteng entrepreneurship expo.)
- The Kagiso Station which also serves as resource station (Contact: Matshepo Moatshe 078 676 5348) in Kagiso.
- Nhlanhla Mbawula who runs a literacy and reading programme from his offices (062 198 4476) in Thokoza.
- Sandile Ntethe who is a life coach (061 115 1446) in Tsakane.
- Nhlanhla Ndlovu who runs a consultancy business (076 689 6231) in Soweto.
- Olerato Serojane who runs Kitsong, a homework and after school centre (081 276 4421/ 071 239 4575) in Kagiso.
On social media:
Facebook: ACTIVATE! Change Drivers