Opportunity closing date: Friday 16 March 2018
Siyashesha Leadership Incubator npc is a non-profit, dynamic organization that develops skills, builds opportunity and connects young leaders from across South Africa through the Activate programme.
Siyashesha Leadership Incubator seeks to appoint an Assistant Junior Graphic Designer Illustrator for its Communications portfolio, who is able to work 3 days a week, to be based in Muizenberg, Cape Town.
The successful candidate will have at least 1-2 years’ work experience in the Designing field, experience in designing material to target the youth would be advantageous with the aim to make South Africa a better place for all.
Primary: ACTIVATE! Head office
Muizenberg, Cape Town
The junior Graphic Designer assists in the creation and packaging of online and offline content.
Key role components
- Assisting the creation & design of content for online and offline platforms
- Ability to communicate visually, storyboard ideas and illustrate graphical elements
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions for campaigns/monthly plans
- Ability to see a project through, from concept to completion
- Ability to learn and work as a team
- Ability to follow instruction and handle criticism
The following attributes will be an advantage:
- Meeting deadlines
- Effective management of multiple requests
- Ability to complete designs quickly without sacrificing quality
- Ability to translate data and variables to a visual medium in a way that is understandable
- Must have a critical eye for detail
- Follower of trends
- Experience in/or working with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Ability, Driver’s licence
- Must be able to sketch or draw
- Computer literacy
- Qualification in visual communication, graphic design or similar
- At least one years’ work experience
- Enthusiastic about art, design and technology
If you interested please submit a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the position and your CV;
- A certified copy of your highest qualification/degree obtained;
- A link to your portfolio
- A copy of your most recent payslip
Forward details of three contactable references and their cell phone & email contact details, as well as your CV, motivation letter, copy of your ID and recent payslip and the link to your portfolio to:
hr@localhost with the subject line “Junior Designer” by 16 March 2018.
Salary range negotiable
No late CV’s will be considered. Please ensure your CV reflects your recent email address, town of residence and cell phone number.
Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was not successful.