India Exchange Project Coordinator based in Cape Town
Opportunity closing date: Wednesday, 20th November 2019
Employment: Fixed term for 6 Months
Starting date: 25 November 2019
Open to Activators and staff only.
Siyashesha Leadership Incubator NPC is a non-profit, dynamic organization that develops skills, builds opportunity and connects young leaders from across South Africa through the Activate programme.
This incumbent will be reporting to the:
Capacity Building Manager Inland Office Braamfontein
The incumbent will liaise with
Exchange participants that are from India that will be based in Cape Town South Africa for the duration of the exchange programme, various stakeholders that will be part of the exchange programme, Capacity Building Manager and A! Academy Manager that will be over-seeing the project in Cape Town.
The Exchange Programme Coordinators primary responsibility is to coordinate the implementation of the 2020 Pravah – ACTIVATE! Exchange programme.
Working closely with Capacity Manager to:
- Support and strengthen Pravah participant initiatives and daily activities.
- Maximise the utilisation of the available systems, resources and face to face platforms to provide better value to Pravah participants.
- Connect, strengthen Activator network bonds with the participants to grow their capacity to engage more effectively and amplify their impact.
Key responsibility indicators
Coordinate and Implement the international exchange programme and activities
- Mobilizing activities for participants around key campaigns that the participants can be a part of during the exchange programme as well as site seeing.
- Support Capacity Building organisational events including admin and logistical needs as and when required.
- Provide a monthly report on activities conducted with participants.
- Be available on standby beyond working hours to deal with any emergencies involving or related to participants.
- Arrange travel and medical logistics for both ACTIVATE! and PRAVAH participants.
- Be available to attend the two weeks orientation programme in January 2020 starting on the 10th of January as well as the coordination of such orientation programme between November and December.
Support the CIPI and Comm’s team
- Plan and set a calendar of activities for the duration of the exchange programme.
- Monitor and support exchange participants and activities.
- Manage and maintain weekly meetings with relevant staff and Indian participants.
- Operate within project budget parameters.
- Assist with the uploading of exchange programme content on social media weekly.
Apply strategies to strengthened bonds and connection within the Activate
- Promote and monitor participant attendance at Activator Org and Activator network events.
- Liaise with Comms. portfolio to promote and/or profile participant’s activities.
- Profile participants shared initiatives through social media platforms including WhatsApp, NWC Facebook pages, etc.
- Contribute to connecting participants through print media.
Adhere to budget and financial administration and approvals systems
- Submit portfolio budget claims timeously and in alignment with budget submission requirements weekly.
- Submit a monthly consolidated report of expenses related to the exchange programme.
- Submit a recon of any expenses related to the exchange programme.
- Comply with financial policies and adhere to the ACTIVATE! Pay card policy.
Monitoring & evaluation and ensure quality control measures are adhered to
Work with the M&E Coordinator to ensure that relevant monitoring is done for all aspects of the exchange programme.
Thereby communicate with M&E team only a monthly basis for the submission of required content.
Systems & Data management
- Contribute to the updating of participants information on tracking systems as required.
- Maintain and upload attendance records at participants’ events and activities.
- Collate reports on participant activities and submission of monthly financial and general update reports.
- Submit information to assist with the formulation of quarterly Board and funder reports.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with the subject line: Project Administrator Cape Town to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 20 Nov 2019 No late CV’s will be considered.
Applicants must have access to their own laptop for the duration of the exchange project.
Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was not successful.